Extreme Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have now moved to EGWORLD.NET

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trash-Talkers...

Go down 
+4
EG Aztek TX
AddiCt3d 2CHa0s
EGM Eskimo MI
Scorpier
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpier
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Scorpier

Number of posts : 13
Team Name : EGM Rage, EGM Disciples
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:08 am

Im sure we've all ran into them--people who seemlike they don't having anything better to do then to cut you down , curse you out etc. all because they lost or won.

But nothing really can be done about them. I just wanted to run it by whoever about what would be the best thing to do when one of these types of people is targeting you. i know the best thing to do would be to ignore them, but you all know it's hard not to. And I'm talking in regards of representing th Clan. All it takes is one person saying something and then the word around Live is "Yeah thoes EG guys..."
Back to top Go down
EGM Eskimo MI
Quality Member
Quality Member
EGM Eskimo MI

Number of posts : 177
Team Name : Senior Chief Officer
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:04 am

well under the EG code of conduct it says that you do have the right to defend yourselfs or others in your party, but you should know when to draw the line. Like if someone does start saying things after you win or lose a game sure you may respond to that in your own way but you should only take it so far. If you see that someone else in EG is going overboard with it then let them know and make sure that they understand
Back to top Go down
AddiCt3d 2CHa0s
Senior Chief
Senior Chief
AddiCt3d 2CHa0s

Number of posts : 77
Team Name : EG Armageddon, EG RAGE
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 pm

Scorpier, you bring up a good point. Personally, if I open my mouth at all, I like to try and take it as a challenge to burn trash-talkers with style ;p Remember that people who are taunting you are trying to piss you off and if you get riled, they win.

I try to stay calm and turn their words against them or ignore them completely. Most of them are making fools of themselves just by opening their mouths. It doesn't take much to bring that to the attention of the trash-talker and others in the party. The right come-back can shut them right up and provide comic relief for everyone else who doesn't want to hear their crap as well.

If you focus on trying to make people laugh, it's a win-win situation.

I'm interested to know what other EG-ers think about this subject!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/addict3d_2cha0s
EG Aztek TX
Quality Member
Quality Member
EG Aztek TX

Number of posts : 163
Team Name : EG DISCIPLES / RAGE
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:23 pm

lol yuh scorpier i kno wut ur talkin bout i kno i will defend myself if someone is talkin down.. but i don't go overboard.. if its some little kid that wont stop running his mouth and has the lamest jokes i either say.. kid shut up and go look up some better jokes on the internet cuz the ones u found aren't cuttin it... or come talk to me when ur balls drop.. but don't take that one in interest lol.. i shouldn't even be sayin this lol.. but yuh i say don't worry bout it unless they goin overboard.. then instead of trash talkin SHOW EM WASSUP IN THE GAME.. lol.. iight..

-Aztek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Mexicano_CJ
A TEDDY GRAHAM
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
A TEDDY GRAHAM

Number of posts : 7
Team Name : EG Rage
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 am

i agree with aztek if its just some kid who just wont shut up, then its our responsibility as a team to stay calm and be more mature than them. if someone wont stop harrasing you as an individual than you can always just a little somthin back. just somthin like "Shut Up," or "Yea,ok champ." (my personal favorite). but no humping their dead bodies of anything like that. also if they are bugging you enough then every time they die just burst out laughing into the mic. problem solved. when they do that then they are looking for a response from you. if you dont give them one then two things happen. 1. they stop talking, and 2. they look like idiots for even starting anything.
Back to top Go down
WESDUDE2448
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
WESDUDE2448

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Yeah, i agree with what everyone is sayin.

i think that if it is anyone disgracing the clan by trash talking in matches or anything like that, they should be warned and if they don't stop, they should be removed from the clan. of course, that is up to aztek, but i'm just sayin...

-Wesdude
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trapshoot100
Scorpier
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Scorpier

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Don't get me wrong, I know how to defend myself, and have many times. The best was when our team was accused of camping by two guys..and the next match all they did was snipe-camp.
Back to top Go down
Spitting Venom
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Spitting Venom

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 pm

What do I do, mute them and set them as an avoided player. Simple, effective and lets me continue playing in peace. There's no need in stooping to their level with lame insults that only distract the entire party. IMO there's nothing more annoying than internet warriors.

BTW Scorpier, love the sig.
Back to top Go down
Scorpier
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Scorpier

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 am

Thanx Wink
How do you mute on CoD4? I havent figured it out yet, I wish I did, though...there was a kid singing the Polemon theme song one game I did..
Back to top Go down
EGL Megaman OH
Valued Member
Valued Member
EGL Megaman OH

Number of posts : 75
Team Name : EGL Untameable
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:51 am

I think you can mute them from the 360 guide. Just go to the recent players list and find their name.
Back to top Go down
Scorpier
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Scorpier

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Ah, thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Spitting Venom
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Spitting Venom

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Megaman is right, you have to mute from the guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trash-Talkers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trash-Talkers...   Trash-Talkers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trash-Talkers...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extreme Gaming :: EGM
 :: EGM Teams
 :: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare :: EG RAGE
-