Extreme Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have now moved to EGWORLD.NET

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January Tourney!!!

Go down 
+2
xKaTrAcHo
EG STARBURST TX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EG STARBURST TX
Forum Newb
Forum Newb

Number of posts : 48
Team Name : EG WARRIORS
Registration date : 2007-10-26

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 4:07 pm

Hello EG

We will be holding a tournament in late january. Deathstrader and I are the tournamentleaders. We run the tourneys and provide all stats and game info on all games. The exact date will be announce after death and I have a chance to discuss rules and regulations. Thank You- Eg Starburst TX
Back to top Go down
xKaTrAcHo
Valued Member
Valued Member
xKaTrAcHo

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 pm

y so long??
thats 2 long 4 the tourny
Back to top Go down
EG DeathStrader
Master Chief
Master Chief
EG DeathStrader

Number of posts : 191
Team Name : EG Frontier
Registration date : 2007-09-14

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 pm

The next full-scale inter-Clan tournament will be scheduled for sometime in late January 2008. There is a bit of a delay and I will explain why to give everyone a better idea of the logistics behind organizing a tournament and the issues that must be solved along the way.

First is the time delay. From now on all tournaments will be announced one month in advance. This will give teams time to prepare. It is no easy task to ensure that everyone on your team can make it to a tournament. Stand by’s can also be a problem. In the last tournament we lined out the rules. In those rules was a 5-minute past start time cut off period for teams to report. This rule was bent several times because of the need to have everyone involved in the first tournament. In future tournaments we will be more strict on the times a team must report before a match and therefore more strict on the 5-minute time limit past the match start time. We also bent the rules on last minute substitutions. In the future last minute subs not listed on a teams backup list will not be allowed.

Second is the tournament layout. The first tournament was a testing ground to see how the bracket layout worked and also how paired maps/game types were done. Obviously we made an error in judgment both on the bracket layout as well as a few of the map/game type pairing. For example, Team Oddball on the Pit was not a good idea.

We are in the process of refining the bracket layout to a greater degree. Obviously we can’t omit our higher skill level players from a tournament. On the same token we can’t keep matching low to mid skill level players with level 40+ players. That will burn the low to mid level players out because a majority of the time the high skill players will always win. We are working on a fair division between skill levels and the next tournament will be divided into those skill level brackets.

Last but not least, PRIZES!

In future tournaments there will be material prizes to be won. This is something that takes some thought and time to secure well before the tournament start date. If possible we would like to be able to announce the prizes at the same time we announce the next tournament.

Now bearing all this in mind there will be a small tournament in the next couple of weeks to test out the EG World tournament software. Although there will be no prizes for the winners since this is just a test. Any team that would like to take part to assist us may do so. We only need up to 4 teams for the tournament to keep it simple to administrate. I will place a post for any teams to reply to that would like to help test the software. If there are any other questions post here and I will reply to them as my time allows.

Thank you

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/deathstrader
PsyKo ViPer
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
PsyKo ViPer

Number of posts : 47
Team Name : EG Empire
Registration date : 2007-10-13

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:46 pm

one recomendation if you will accept. i understand separating low ranks from high ranks but......one of my team members just did an account recovery from his xbox to his xbox 360 and he is a level 1. is he forced to play in the low rank brackett cuz trust me!!!......he doesnt belong their. can you make two bracketts, a recreation brackett and a competitive brackett. that way its the teams choice to play with the big boys with high ranks in the competitive brackett. Or if they want to join just for the fun of it and their team isnt the greatest they can go to the recreational brackett. it gives the teams a choice to play against the better teams if they want but it also gives them the choice to play against the lower teams if they want cuz rank doesnt mean everything.
there could be a team of all level 10's that beats everyones $$$. i can get into a party with you and explain if you dont understand.
Back to top Go down
EG DeathStrader
Master Chief
Master Chief
EG DeathStrader

Number of posts : 191
Team Name : EG Frontier
Registration date : 2007-09-14

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:59 am

Actually one thing that has been decided is that the skill level a team plays in depends upon the highest skill level on a team. If you have a team that has levels 42, 28, 34 & 2 the team will play in the high bracket due to the level 42 member.

Obviously if you have a PAC team with several high skill player and several low skill level players the team may decide to enter 2 teams, one high skill team and one low skill team. This is still under discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/deathstrader
EGM Eskimo MI
Quality Member
Quality Member
EGM Eskimo MI

Number of posts : 177
Team Name : Senior Chief Officer
Registration date : 2007-11-05

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:45 am

That sounds like a good idea, itl let a lot more people particapitate in the tournament
Back to top Go down
Shad0w X Pro
Forum Newb
Forum Newb
Shad0w X Pro

Number of posts : 39
Team Name : EG Hybrid
Registration date : 2007-11-14

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:21 pm

you should post a topic on all halo 3 teams telling them about this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

January Tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Tourney!!!   January Tourney!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January Tourney!!!
Page 1 of 1